Tuesday, October 23

Raindrops on Roses

These are a few of my favorite things (right now, not of all time):



Favorite book: I just finished reading A Fractured Mind by Robert B. Oxnam. It's about multiple personality disorder, now called Dissociative Identity Disorder. I've been on a bit of a psychology reading spree, what with my husband being immersed in it all day every day. This book was fascinating, written by a genius of a man (president of the Asia Society for years, a specialist of China and all things Asian) about his personal account of learning that he had this disorder and his attempt (mostly successful) of merging his alters. I couldn't put it down. It was a little like a movie, or some unbelievable story line at times.



Favorite song: I have been listening to "Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat lately. It's a light, feelgood song that reminds me of Hawaii for some funny reason. And Hawaii reminds me of vacations and relaxing times. I need more of that in my life (don't we all?) and so I listen to this song often.



Favorite television show: Right now, I am enjoying Survivor: China. But I CAN'T BELIEVE that Jaime and Peih-Gee got rid of Aaron. What a cruel turn of events. And that means that James, one of my favorite, is pegged to be next! (Desta, this sucks! Let's talk.)



My favorite show in syndication: Christian got me stuck on Scrubs, which is a bit of comedy and drama at the same time. This show is on three channels during the day, so we will record the shows during the day, and then when the kids go to bed, I will turn my brain off and be a vegetable in front of the television and just enjoy the show. I know I could be getting more things accomplished after the kids go to bed, but after a 13 hour work day (and believe me, raising children is work) I just want to relax!


My favorite movie: Well, okay, more like the last two movies we watched at our house: #1 - Transformers, which was pretty cool but way too scary for Ethan to watch even though he would have wanted to watch it if he knew that we had it; and #2 - Crash, which was on tv a few days ago and we recorded it. I love how tv bleeps out the bad words and cuts the bad scenes! It was a very disturbing movie, and I told Christian I liked it and hated it, but we had a rousing discussion about racism. I recommend watching it (maybe when it is on tv again, if you don't want the language) to open your eyes to what goes on in the world.



My favorite chocolatey guilty pleasure: The Watchamacallit candy bar. I don't find them a grocery stores very often, but Fareway has them, and I buy one every time I go grocery shopping (which is like twice a week). Yum! Send me a care package with a Watchamacallit in it, and I'll love you forever.
Thanks for reading as I pick my brain. I'm not tagging anyone specifically, but if you would like to write about your favorite things on your blog, I would love to read about them! Or, maybe I should say I am tagging everybody. Then you can say you were quasi-tagged. That would make for a funny opener. Okay, I'm a dork. Time to end this post.

8 people wanted to leave a comment:

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

Love your favorites Erin! We love watching Scrubs too!! And I too love the song Bubbly...just downloaded it off of iTunes, yippee!! Oh and that candy bar you love...yea, that is definitely a tasty treat to have~although there are very few chocolate treats that I would turn down...its heavenly!hehe:)

Liz said...

I love survivor and I cannot believe they kicked off aaron either. I thought that Erik would have had some sense and kicked oh pheGee. But no he was to much in love and sided with his old tribe:( Love your favorites
liz

Sarah Mickalson said...

Paul just bought Transformers and we atched it..Ryan begged to watch it but we said no. I think it is a bit scary for him. I don't get to watch much TV but my fav show is Greys anatomy, it reminds me that mayeb one day i will finish school and become a dr like I always wanted

Laurie said...

You've been tagged!
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Laurie said...

I totally love this post and probably will have to copy. That is one of my absolute favorite candy bars too. Yummy. And Kersten and I are both addicted to Scrubs, best show out there right now. Very fun to read.

Jessie said...

OK, I'll have to do this too.
We used to love Scrubs too, but the latest season lost us, it just wasn't funny like it used to be. We're all about The Office and Arrested Development (on DVD) at our house. Every single episode of those shows makes us laugh.
I'm with you on Watchamacallits. I was raised on those.

Adrienne said...

OK Erin...did it!! You'll have to check my blog. We love scrubs too. Fun.

Desta said...

I KNOW!! Sorry I am only getting around to reading your blog today. There has been DRAMA here for like the last week. But, we did get a DVR and are so excited to really give it a try this Thursday. CALL ME!!!!
Oh and I totally love scrubs too. James thinks I'm ridiculous and I have relented lately (it's on for an hour every night on KJAZZ) but season premiere is this week!