Thursday, April 17

Burnt Toast


Both of my kids woke up sick this morning (fever, runny nose, sore throat, etc.). All Aidan wanted for breakfast was toast. So I put the very last piece of bread in the entire house in the toaster, popped it down, and went to pick up the house a little. After a while, I smelled something burning. I ran into the kitchen and realized that Aidan had played with the knobs on the toaster and turned the dial to 9 (i.e. "burnt"). Poor kid, he doesn't want a charred piece of bread. Maybe the last little bit of birthday ice cream will help him feel better. He chose Neapolitan ice cream for his birthday, but then actually only wanted the chocolate flavor. Christian said that reminded him of a Simpsons episode where Homer told Marge that the chocolate ice cream was gone and would she please buy some more? So she went in the freezer and found like 20 boxes of Neapolitan ice cream, with all of the chocolate missing out of each one. At least I think that's how it went. Did you laugh? If not, check with Christian. He can tell it much better than I can.

3 people wanted to leave a comment:

Desta said...

That is a classic episode. Homer goes to the freezer and digs through numerous boxes of Neapolitan ice cream, each with the chocolate gone, then he tells Marge, "Marge, we need some more Neapolitan ice cream!" I totally sympathize.

Deneal said...

Poor Aidan. I think the ice cream would feel better on a scratchy throat anyway. Hope everyone feels better quick.

Jessie said...

Neapolitan ice cream is like the circus peanut of ice creams. Funny...and sad.