First of all, a huge HOLLA to my blog stalkers. You know, all of you lurkers who love to read and don't comment. You know who you are. Aloha! You are always welcome to visit my little ol' blog, and don't feel obligated to comment! But if you want to, I promise I am nice, and I don't bite.
(I talked with one of you yesterday, so I'm just saying hi! You're famous now. Start a blog of your own so I can stalk you!)
____________________
Deep question for you: If you have a huge zit on your chin, can you will it away?
Answer: no.
I was so self conscious at church yesterday, having a spotlight on my face like that. Eyes headed straight for it every time. Ugh!
____________________
But I am still so glad I went. Sacrament meeting was awesome. Have you ever heard something 1000 times, but for some reason on the 1001st time, it clicks? Yesterday, something clicked for me. One of the speakers said, "I don't read the scriptures. I search the scriptures. I never sit down and start at the beginning and read straight through. I look up a topic in the index and research the references about that topic." Lightning bolt! You mean I can search the scriptures and not just read them??? DUH! Now I need to think of a topic to start with. I'm thinking "patience" and "motherhood."
____________________
The tube in Ethan's right ear fell out yesterday. That is his third set of tubes. Let's hope (and pray) that he won't need surgery a fourth time.
_____________________
Over the last week, in between LOST watching, we have watched Oceans 12 and Oceans 13. I definitely thought the original (Oceans 11) was best. But I LOVED the scene in 12 where Julia Roberts' character Tess pretends to be...Julia Roberts. So funny!
Happy Monday, everyone! (Is Happy Monday an oxymoron?)
Monday, February 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



48 people wanted to leave a comment:
I didn't think Oceans 13 lived up to 12 or 11. Elder Bednar gave a great talk about how to read, search, study the scriptures. It's called A Reservoir of Living Water.
I love a good foundation (I use powder) because at least it covers the redness so it doesn't look quite as bad. I know I need to search the scriptures, too. I didn't make it through Oceans 12. I fell asleep. Have you seen Eagle Eye? I loved it. I didn't fall asleep or even want to!
I'm being your blog stalker today...reading but not commenting. ;)
I go back and forth between reading the story and searching by topic. I wish I was better, though. The awesome thing about searching by topic is that you learn SO MUCH and it stays with you. It really gives you such a great foundation on the subject you're searching.
And yeah, a good foundation is a must some mornings!
We decided to start applying that principle to family scripture study and the whole dynamic changed! Instead of just reading a chapter or two, we'd take turns picking out a verse or several verses and then we'd REALLY talk about what it meant to us. It led to a lot of cross-referencing and such...and the kids all said that they felt like it helped them understand the scriptures so much better.
I don't even know what to say about LOST. We're down to the final 2 episodes of season 3 and I have about a million more questions than I did a season ago! Not to mention the fact that this season has had about 100 moments that have made me want to cry....
Erin, I had a zit on my chin a couple of weeks ago. It lasted about 5 to 6 days looking oh so fab and plump. It calmed down after that. But I still can see where that darn thing hung out :)
Good luck with it all this week.
I challenged my self a few times to read the Bible from cover to cover just to say I did it (and I did). I always see the Bible as a "living" Bible which means that if you read the same passage a second time it will take on a different meaning. Use it as a reference in your life— you'll be glad you did.
Happy Monday is sort of a questionable phrase---but I'll work at it nonetheless. I still haven't seen Oceans 13 all the way through---I always fall asleep. I'll have to try again sometime.
Hope Ethan can be surgery free from now on...
Sacrament was like that for me. We're in the temple district of the new Draper temple, so all the talks were about temples.
I realized that no one had talked to my grandma about doing my grandpa's temple work, as he was not a member, so we are going to get on that!
I love it when something clicks like that, even after hearing it a million times. And it usually does take me a million times, so you're lucky!
I need to go back to searching my scriptures in that manner...I used to do it all the time.
I have never seen any of the Ocean's movies. (hangs head in embarrassment)
today I am supposed to go to SLC to visit an old friend but I have this HUGE zit on my neck! (of all places!) and I am thinking I might cancel because of it. Silly hu..... maybe I will go anyways, maybe it will be worth it just like your yesterday. :)
YOu have blog stalkers? I thought I was the only one.
Happy MOnday to you too.
Well if it makes you feel any better, I did not notice the zit yesterday! (I have one right under my eye now, what's up with THAT?)
Another fun way to do scripture study is to use an institute manual. It tells you what you're supposed to get out of it, so you don't have to figure it out yourself. ;)
I loved that part in ocean's 12 too! I still haven't seen 13, I keep meaning to though.
Happy Monday IS an oxymoron.
I hope that Ethan doesn't need new tubes again! When we went to the doc last week they said Shelby's left ear is clogged right now but they're not doing anything about it, which bugged me.
I hope Ethan doesn't need tubes again too!! Riley's on his second set. Pricey little buggers...
A couple of weeks ago I spoke at a book club. That morning, I woke up with a giant cyclops-size zit in the center of my forehead.
Couldn't will that away, either. Loads of fun!
Just reading the word "HOLLA" on your blog made my day.
Hope Ethan's ears stay well!
I HATE zits! I think my face forgets I'm almost 40 NOT 16!!!!!
Totally agree with the original ocean movie!
I am going to try to search the scriptures that way. Sounds like a great idea for my family;) Thanks!
I definitely don;t think it's an oxymoron. Each day can be whatever you decide in your heart you want it to be. Hope you're having a super wonderful Monday!!
I don't get a lot of zits, but when I do they are the big, bad ones. They start hurting really bad under the skin even before they show up on my face.
We are grown women with children, why are we still getting zits?
Please let me know about willing away a chin zit!!!
My sister's friend has a blog, and they are giving away something.. you should go check it out.. You might like it being a piano teacher and all!
http://www.themomnerd.blogspot.com/
Happy Monday to you! Thanks for the "strike through" info! I finally figured it out last week, but your explanation is much easier than the torture I went through!!lol!
Yes Happy Monday IS an oxymoron, but hey, it's here and on it's way to being over, so there is light at the end.
And zits suck!
I didn't know tubes could fall out? wow. I hope there's no more surgery too. I'm all for NO surgery. :)
And yes, I cannot tell you how many times I've had that experience where I've heard something a bazillion times and it just didn't hit me until the kajillionth. or so.
I had one son that had three sets of tubes come out. I hope you don't have to get them put in again.
I agree, I can't believe some times we learn something that we should know by now but it just clicks and the light turns on.
Love your blog. I always seem to tell you that. I do. Maybe I can wish away your zit. Will you wish away mine? Thanks for the good read.
It's so true...sometimes even after hearing something a million times...it hits you from out of the blue. Great post!
I love the Oceans movies too and the first one is the best for sure!
What? No picture of the chin-zit? What a disappointment.
Funny you should mention the scripture-searching. I've been reading the verses listed in the Topical Guide under "Woman". This is a new thing for me, but I have discovered new layers when I read a verse out of context.
Sending a prayer to heaven for Ethan.
Don't you just love when you hear something you forgot, even though you've heard it a million times, and it makes your day. Me too.
That's so frustrating about Ethan's tubes! My daughter has had 3 sets too, so I feel your pain! And I so know whatyou mean how you can hear something a 1000 times and then one day, it just clicks. Glad you went too. We had a great stake conference.
I have huge pimples everywhere. It really sucks sometimes.
Well, now I only have like two.
But I feel like that's all anyone bothers to look at.
If you can't will a zit away, I've heard dabbing a little bit of toothpaste on it will help. Wierd, huh?
I just had to go to church yesterday, even though I left out Sunday School and Relief Society. I went to Sacrament, and tried to keep my yucky germs to myself. I had missed church three weeks previous due to the circulating nasty thing that is going around.
Anyway, I feel your pain on the zit thing. I've had days like that for sure. Yesterday I was thankful that my whopper was right where I could cover it with my hair!
Poor little guy! I didn't know the tubes could actually fall out.
Quickly have to say I love it when something clicks and sticks in church.. and I hated the scene with Julia ROberts in that Oceans movie! I guess I have a weird sense of humor, becuase that seemed so lame! What is wrong with me?
I'm pretty sure the more you think about a zit, the bigger it gets.
I haven't searched the scriptures for a long time. I have been reading the children's Book of Mormon with Sage and am realizing how much I should be searching.
Hey, came by to say come get a valentine from me. Happy Valentines Day. PS: Did it work, my wishing your zit away??? ---stacie
Sorry, I haven't been commented at all lately. Anywhere. I am in a blogging rut.
And right now I'm thinking I should stop and go fold laundry.
I guess I will de-lurk and say hi. I am new and I love your blog...thanks for giving me the giggles!
Searching scriptures... like Google for the Bible... and I LURVE me some googling... I think that's a marvelous thought!
I need to rent LOST! And I hope that Ethan doesn't need that surgery again.
If we could will a zit away, then maybe we could even will away spare pounds. That would be lovely.
I love the thought of searching the scriptures. I've heard it
before too, I'm sure, but for some reason, it hasn't clicked with me either. Thanks for posting that, I think I'll make a change to my scripture study habits!
So when I was preggo with my DD, we were visiting my husband's family in Seattle. His grandma comes up and gives me a hug and then holds me at arm's length and gets this horrified look on her face and starts touching her chin and mumbling, "You have a little something..." Bear in mind I'm 8 months pregnant and have just flown with a 2-year-old and I said, "It's a zit. They happen when you're pregnant." She looked at me like I had just taken off my shirt and done a preggo dance, but I didn't care.
Oh, just had to say, I had tubes twice as a kid but the second time they didn't fall out and I had to get one of my ear drums reconstructed. Which actually isn't as bad as it sounds except for the part where I had to where a white Princess Leia looking plastic shield on the side of my head to school (NINTH GRADE!) for three days. Awesome.
Post a Comment