Monday, January 7

The Last 24 Hours

These are the types of things that happen at our house in an average day:

Last night, we played musical chairs in Ethan's room. Ethan's idea. I was instructed to put this bag on my head as a "hat" to wear while we played. Ethan sang the songs, and conveniently stopped singing right before jumping into a chair. Then if Aidan didn't get a chair, he and Ethan would fight over one. I resorted to just losing every time because it was much easier than dealing with the fighting.




This morning, we went (pretend) fishing. Ethan's idea, again. We each had a backpack on; Ethan's was a tiny black one, Aidan's was this snake backpack, and mine was Ethan's Winnie-the-Pooh backpack. We caught lots of fish - bass and crappie (pronounced crop-ee for those of you who think that is a really weird name for a fish). Christian's closet was the lake, by the way.

After preschool this afternoon (Ethan only said he was scared 6 times before I dropped him off, and he didn't even cry -- progress!), we came home and ran through puddles. It got up to 42 degrees here, so all of the snow is melting. The boys got soaked jumping in puddles. Then they decided to climb the dirty piles of snow in our parking lot. They had so much fun! Then we came in the house and had hot cocoa and fruit snacks. What a yummy combination.

They are both looking at the camera and smiling. Get this one framed!!!

They had so much fun playing in the dirty, gross snow.



I'm glad Ethan has such a vivid imagination. He didn't get it from me!

6 people wanted to leave a comment:

Romney Family said...

Erin, what fun things you do with your boys. They always look like they are having a great time!!!

Deneal said...

What an eventful day!! You are a good sport and a wonderful mom to encourage such healthy play in your boys. Keep up that great work.

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

You made me realize how long it's been since I've played outside since I HATE being cold. You guys look like you had a fun day. I'm inspired to be a better mom today:).

Alisha said...

Looks like the boys had a lot of fun! What a great mom you are...pretend fishing, musical chairs....you are fantastic!

Kayla said...

I want to come play at your house! Sounds like it's always a party.

Gatnnos said...

hmmm, fishing in Christian's closet - if his closet is anything like Dave's that could be interesting - they may catch a lot of crappies (pronounced CRAP pees) I am glad Ethan has such a great imagination and gets to use it so much!