We started with Ethan, because he is only mildly unhappy about it ("Will it hurt, Daddy?"), and because we hoped Aidan would get some pointers from Ethan and know that it really wasn't life threatening. Here are some before and after shots.


Then...it was Aidan's turn. He was immediately upset, as you can see by the way he was covering his ears/face when Christian was just spraying his head with warm water from the spray bottle.

I tried the mirror, I tried Otter Pops, I tried giving him the spray bottle to spray into his mouth. He was just determined to cry and thrash his head and be upset. We finally gave up, because it was torture for everyone involved. It is mostly done, but I may have to do some touch-ups while he is asleep!




9 people wanted to leave a comment:
Oh man, I hear you. Aidan and Carson are more similar. I don't hear a peep from Devon the whole time, he just tells Carson it doesn't hurt. Carson runs away screaming. Still. After all these years. I have an appointment for him tomorrow. I hate paying someone, but I hate the battle even more. It's so not worth it to me anymore! He did really well with her when we went for his birthday last year, and since it hasn't gotten easier, well...so if life. I'm out $9.00 and we're all happy in the end. Ugh. Aidan sure looks cute with all that hair though:).
I need to cut my kids hair and have been putting it off for a month or two. Ryan is good for half the time then he is terrible, Which is worse because I am already halfway done. When are you getting your hair cut?
they look great. WE give our kids buzz's It is a pain in the rear, but its a fight for that so not even worth the fight for haircuts. They look great
could you tie him down? or do it while he's sleeping? I do not look forward to that battle! let's hope zeb loves getting his hair cut.
Oh the joys of haircutting. Owen use to be like Aidan. I would hold him down while brandon cut as fast as he could but alas, saturday was cutting hair day and Owen sat in the chair all by himself and did not cry!!! So maybe soon Aidan will be sitting by himself not crying while you cut his hair. We can only hope, right?
Hello Erin! This is Andrea Flinders here. I saw your blog from the Romneys and wanted to reconnect! Your hair is so long and your boys are so big! You all look like you're doing great! Just so you know, my hair is just about as long as yours, but I am going to cut mine soon. I'm excited - change is always fun, and hair grows back! P.S. We have a blog too http://theflindersfamily.blogspot.com/
Jake just buzzed his head the same day! Lookin good boys!
The only time Noah gets to watch Dad's Ipod is when he is getting his hair cut. He sits so still as he watches that thing. It is like magic. I feel your pain lady.
Tyson was the same way when we gave him his second hair cut in 18 months. I had to hold him so he would not put his hands up. My sister had a heck of a time trying to buzz his hair with his head on my sholder. Ps... I hope potty training is going better.
Post a Comment