Friday, October 31

My Favorite Song Right This Very Minute

It's almost November, which means that my "fun money" budget money will replenish. So THAT means that it is time to spend it all on iTunes music again! I'm borrowing this idea of a post from Brillig, because I like her and because I like music.

Right now I have two songs in a playlist on my iPod that I repeat over and over: Dreaming with a Broken Heart by John Mayer and Losing My Mind by Maroon 5. I tend to play songs over and over until I'm done with them; then I move on. By next week I'll be onto Sarah McLachlan's new song, Don't Give Up On Us.

So tell me: right now, what is your favorite song? Not of all time, but the one or two right now that you can't get enough of?

Time to pull out my credit card. iTunes is my friend.

27 people wanted to leave a comment:

Heather of the EO said...

Ray Lamontagne - You are the Best Thing.

LOVE IT.

I don't know if I spelled his name right, but you get the idea :)

tiburon said...

Ok first - stop using iTunes. There is a MUCH better place to get music. Email me - we will chat.

I will have a whole list for you tonight when I list the tracks on my 1000th giveaway CD :)

Brooke said...

Recently I cave reverted back to an old favorite. I just can't get enough of it. Peter Cetera - I think it's called One Good Woman (it starts out "I am so in love with you, I just can't deny it".

Shauna said...

I love Jenny Oaks Baker and Jim Brickman! Hope you have a very HAPPY HALLOWEEN :)

Goob said...

Godsmack-Voodoo.
what can I say?

Whitney R said...

hah! Lisa I love that song.

I really like the Foo Fighters - Let it Die

Kayla said...

I replay songs over and over too! Right now, I really like the song "This is Just a Dream" by Carrie Underwood and "Johnny & June" by Heidi Newfield. I need to buy them on iTunes. I just wait till I hear them on the radio or I will put it on my music player on my blog so I can listen to it.

Lara Neves said...

I am not very cool in this regard, but I'll still answer the question.

The song I like to listen to over and over as of late is Russalka's song to the Moon by Antonin Dvorak. I especially love Amici, the Opera Band's version.

Lara Neves said...

Oh...I guess I have a couple cooler songs that I like to listen to a lot....

Hey there Delilah by the Plain White T's and Sadie Hawkins Dance by Relient K

Elisa said...

I wanna know the new cool hip place to get tunage... where is it??

Sleeping to dream live - jason mraz

shout out loud - amos lee

Suzie said...

Any Bowie song off of Diamond Dogs

Kristina P. said...

Right now, it's "So What" by Pink. I'm slightly ashamed.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Her Morning Elegance by Oren Lavie
Mr. Pitiful by Matt Costa
I Play Music by Rosie Thomas
Nobody Knows Me At All by The Weepies

There's tons more I'd recommend but my online playlist is down. Grr.

Megan and Jon said...

Nat Mathiason Come on get higher, this is one you can hear over and over and over... SO good. This has been a favorite for a few months now. TRY IT..
Also a pretty big fan of Adele-to make you feel my love.
Have you heard bruises by Chairlift. Good one...
Beyonce-IF I were a boy

Megan and Jon said...

Erin how do I find your friend, soon to be my friend. Kimberly. I love her musical choices and must visit her blog and stock her playlist.

Britt said...

I don't remember the names of artists or songs, it's pathetic. But, I'm humming one of my favorites now.

Unknown said...

Okay- so I added "Paper Planes" by MIA to my playlist for my workouts, and I am addicted to the song- I can not get enough. I dance and scream when I listen to it, and my kids are SICK of it.

For my mellow and mature mood I downloaded Adele's whole album and I love it so much I want to marry it, but for now I just put "Best For Last' on repeat and pretend I am singing it as coll as she does.
Enjoy!

Unknown said...

PS-
Do you ever go to Pandora? You can listen to music streaming, it is not downloadable, but you type in a song you love, and they play more songs with similar qualities. I have found great music on this, and it is fun to just let it play and vote on what you like. Go there NOW.

pandora.com

Wendy said...

YEAH!! FUN MONEY

Anonymous said...

I have a couple.... Here it goes again - OKGO. The Way I am - Ingrid Michaelson. Love remains the same - Gavin Rosdale.

I love music! I'm constantly listening to music. Thank goodness for the invention of the iPod for which I will never hear silence again.

Christa said...

My husband would say that I consider all of our money "my fun money".

I have a few songs that I go back to again and again and never take off of my iPod.

1. Fix You by Coldplay
2. Hands Clean by Alanis Morrissette
3. Lesley Ann by David Sanborn
4. Hella Good by No Doubt
5. Holla Back Girl by Gwen Stefani
6. SexyBack by Justin Timberlake
7. Rock Your Body by Justin Timberlake
8. In Da Club by 50 Cent

Yes, some of them are on the slightly dirty side, but you have to understand that I use them for motiavation when running. I have to think to myself while I'm doing it, "that's right. I'm bringing sexy back." It hasn't returned yet, but the song helps aid in my delusions.

Jen said...

Love it! Right now all I'm hearing is Disney songs, Disney Radio, Disney Channel...so I'm hearing a LOT of Demi Lavato and Hannah Montana. (Can you tell I ahve a tween in my home?) I really like Demi's new song "Don't Forget"

Kathy P said...

Right now? Good that is easier to pick than "all time" since my favorite song changes with my moods.
Right now it is "Lucky" by Jason Mraz! Great tune!

Love itunes... I keep them in business.

Sarah Mickalson said...

More like her - Miranda Lambert. No real reason, just love the vocals.

Jessie said...

There's a new Sarah song? Ooo, I'll have to go check that out.

Anonymous said...

When I Ruled the World by ColdPlay and Human by The Killers

Deb

Liz said...

Your kids costumes are cute. I love right now crush by david archuleta, and if I were a boy by beyonce..