I had five of my pie pieces, being short only the pink one (arts and entertainment). I rolled the die and luckily enough landed on a pink. Here is the question Christian asked me:
"What's the most famous six-word phrase from the first Star Wars movie?"
(Do you know the answer?)
I drew a complete blank. I have seen the movies, once, years and years ago. I couldn't remember! I was thinking, "Hmmm, 'Luke, I am your father'? No, that's only five words." Christian jokingly said something like, "I will divorce you if you get this wrong." Uh-oh. Now the pressure's on. So I started stalling: "Um, when you say the first movie, do you mean the first one ever made, or the first in the series, which is actually the fourth one?" He said, "Honey, we owned this version of Trivial Pursuit before the last three movies were even made." So I asked, "Ummm, did Yoda say it?" He looked at me incredulously and then started talking about things like Jedis, Luke Skywalker and a mask, a round orb-like robot or something and light sabers.
I still didn't know.
So he said, "May The Force be with you?" (Question mark because he said it with a "ring a bell?" tone.)
I said, "Oh! Is the light that comes out of the light sabers The Force?"
You should have seen the daggers coming out of his eyes.
He explained what The Force was, and then he said we had to get on the computer right that second and put the three original Star Wars movies at the very top of our Netflix queue.
So guess what we will be watching this week?
P.S. Didn't Motherboard win someone's giveaway because she used The Force?
Another P.S. I've never seen an episode of Star Trek either. Are they related?
(J/K)



55 people wanted to leave a comment:
If you think Star wars and Star trek are related, I'm glad your hubby made you rent the movies! We love star wars at our house, though my mind drew a blank with the question, also.
This post made me chuckle. I think it is amazing how men in particular are able to remember lines in movies so easily. Maybe we should make movies for them to remember what we need them to do ;)
I knew I knew!! (only because I'm a huge dork though)
When I clicked on the comments and saw the line from one of my favorite childrens books I knew you rocked. I have that book put away in the hope chest for my son. I think I'll give it to him when he has children.
I'm fairly sure that line is the most famous line from the entire series. :)
And yes, Motherboard did indeed win my giveaway because she invoked the force when entering by saying the words "May the force be with me."
Don't worry. I hardly know anything about Star Wars.
My post tomorrow is about Wookiepedia. Yes, you read that correctly, WOOKIEpedia. I feel your pain.
On my first date with the hubby I didn't know ANYTHING about Star Trek. I'm kinda surprised he asked me out on a second date...
Phew. You got me scared at the end there until I saw the J/K. :D
No! They're not related. The Star Wars movies are awesome. I'm so glad you're going to watch them. And Erin, may the force be with you, girl.
Hehehe...you sound like me. I know very little of what happens in Star Wars. I also would have drawn a blank to the question. You are funny. Enjoy your movie watching.
You shouldn't feel bad, I'm pretty sure that you said you were winning when you landed on pink.
On the subject of Trivial Pursuit, Andrew's Grandpa is one of the questions. If you ever can't think of an answer, try H.S. Foster.
Oh, duh! I was totally thinking the one you thought of. I didn't even think about the correct answer. My husband has never seen any Star Wars movies. I told him he'd have to watch them with me sometime. It's been years since I've seen the earlier ones, but it really is a good story line.
We love Star Wars in our family, even dressed up as the original characters for Halloween, and yes I knew the answer. Star Wars and Star Trek are not related. Star Wars takes place in the past in a galaxy far far away. They don't even know about the existence of earth, and Star Trek takes place in the future, where many character come from earth. Those are pretty good movies too, but don't rent the first one!
I was totally thinking the "I am your father" phrase, too. I've only seen them once as well. Hopefully my non-existent husband makes me change that:)
I was totally thinking the "I am your father" phrase, too. I've only seen them once as well. Hopefully my non-existent husband makes me change that:)
I totally thought it was The Father phrase too!
Ha! That's funny. My hubby and boys are big Star Wars fans and I didn't know it. I thought it was "I have a bad feeling about this." But that's seven words. Then I thought it was the father phrase too.
Oh.Dear.
You've got some catching up to do, my friend.
But never fear, there's still time and opportunity for you to educate yourself on all things Star Wars and Trek (and, no they're not related...except in an inter-galactic, space exploration, soap opera kind of way...)
Blessings!
p.s. We've been listening to a lot of Carla Bruni around here--there is a Paris trip in the works here too!
But there's no French in Star Wars...
I love Star Wars but I can do without Star Trek. We own all 6 Star Wars DVD's and watch them often.
You crack me up. I've never seen any of the Star Treks either (though I've seen Star Wars several several times). And if you watch the movies closely, you will find that the exact phrase "Luke, I am your father" is no where to be found. I don't know where that little gem came from. I believe the actual wording is "No, I am your father" said in response to Luke accusing him of killing his father. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go make sure I'm still a woman!
Ha ha ha. Come on now, I hate Star Wars, and I totally got the answer to that one right away. Don't you hate it when you space stuff like that in pivotal moments? Funny.
Also, at my house I was the Trekkie. But in my defense I ONLY liked the "next generation" ones (hey, they were actually well-acted and well-written most of the time). I don't enjoy any of the other Treks. Louie knows nothing Star Trek and I have a bin full of the action figures from high school. Oh they make me cringe now and I was going to throw them away, but my boys love them, so what can I do? If anyone sees them, I totally blame them on Louie.
Louie is the Star Wars guy, though. That's not my thing.
I have to admit, I didn't know that answer..my initial guess was "Luke, I am your father...". I have NEVER seen any of the Star Wars....
LOL! Thanks for being such a sweet friend to me! Have a great day! ♥ Hugs :)
I am a huge Star Wars fan (the old, not so much the new), mostly because of Harrison Ford. Sigh... Harrison.
Also, after you're done with Star Wars, you'll have to watch the Star Trek movies. You'll love being a Trekkie! It's all sorts of cool.
(Yes, I'm a nerd, too.)
I LOVE Star Wars. Well, at least the original three. The Second trilogy (which, of course is actually the first 3 episodes) I really didn't like so much. It was very disappointing. My son is just starting to get into it all. It's very gratifying.
We are all Star Wars fans in this house, my husband is a total SciFi channel geek, me not so much, but I usually listen to the shows he is watching on Friday nights, while I am doing something else.
haha...loved this post. And I enjoy star wars even though I didn't know that answer. I think it is a trick question because I think "Luke, I am your father" is way more famous! Have fun watching.
I love the first few star wars!
Star Trek is good but no they are not the same!
Girl...I am with you!
and I must say that I am proud that I haven't seen a star trek either. I know...closed-minded.
yeah- I wouldn't have gotten it either. All I know about light "savers" (as my daughter used to call them) is that they are lethal in the hands of you four year old boy...
I just watched those, as you know, and I drew a blank too. And I'm a WHIZ at SceneIt, so whatever. I though, "Do or do not. There is not ry." whatever.
Advice: Watch the first two, and then dismiss the rest of them. Lame and not worth the four hours or so of your life.
And Star Trek shouldn't even be uttered in the same sentence. It takes the Lame to a whole new level.
Just saying......
Sorry if Christian is a trekkie : )
I'm totally clueless about Star Wars too. Not that this will make you feel better, but I am :)
I drew a complete bland too when you said the question. Then when you said- May the force be with you. I went ding dong anyone home. Does that mean we have no force with us Erin. So sad.
Star Trek and Star Wars are not related that I know of. But I think they may be rivals when it comes to followers.
You had some great logic there. I would've said the same thing. I drew a blank too.
I'm laughing at this only because I would've done the same thing...I have no clue about all the Star Wars trivia or Star Trek! Yet, my husband is a huge Star Wars freak so he would've been disappointed in me as well if I couldn't answer that question!
I love Star Wars and I knew the answer. That is too funny!! Have fun watching them and I like you have never seen Star trek. It is not related to Star wars at all I do know that much!!
I wouldn't have gotten that either, so would be receiving daggers from my husband right along with you.
Ummmm I'm pretty sure that is the easiest Trivial Pursuit's question of all time LOL. I bet he never lets you live this one down!!!
I kept thinking "Luke, use The Force" but that didn't seem right and plus that was only 4 words. Boy Shows suck.
I love that you play trivial pursuit together! I can only play if I am on my husband's team. And I do use the word "team" very loosely.
In other words, I stink.
Oh dear. Oh me. Oh my! No Star Trek? No Farscape? No Stargate? No original Battlestar Gallactica? (the modern version stinks) No Firefly? No Buffy? No Angel? Oh dear. Oh me. Oh my! (I still love you but, er, you might not love me as much as you think you do)
I am a huge Star Wars fan. You should watch 1-6. Not just the originals. And I know really nothing about Star Trek but Rick and I have been watching Voyager. We are almost done. I just love Sci-Fi.
Wow. I'm going to pretend you messed that one up.
I'll try not to let it come between us :)
This is so funny...my husband would have done the same as yours.
It's okay Erin, I wouldn't have known the answer either.
/gasp
That is all I can say.
I guess I could mention that my wedding march was from Star Wars. Yes I am THAT geeky. We even had a Star Wars Christmas tree complete with the Death Star on top. Yeah, I am a geek.
But you knew that alreay I am sure.
I can't wait to see the new Star Trek moving that is coming to theaters soon. Captain Kirk is soooo cute. HAHAHAHA.
Oh, you'll love this: My husband has the STAR WARS edition of TRIVIAL PURSUIT! Why would I ever want to play that with him? (Rolling my eyes back as far as they go.) Boys are so silly.
Okay, you deserved those daggers, missy. I love Star Wars. (But not Star Trek. Very. Very. Different.)
Just watch the original three - the three prequels are (ahem) PU.
I couldn't think of it either for a minute...lol. ;)
Is it bad that I knew the answer right away?? Have fun watching Star Wars this weekend...all 6 ;o)
At our house Star Wars rules. Because of all the times I have heard those movies or read billions of books about them. I can now spout off random facts that I never thought I needed to know about the force, Lightsabers and anything else Star Wars. Love this post. It makes me giggle.
I heart Star Wars!
super funny!
like me and my husband when he talks about basketball and i talk about harry potter!
Love it, love it!! We are Star Wars freaks over here especially my boys:)
Post a Comment