Monday, January 12

Sickness

After two phone calls to the doctor's office and two visits over the last few days, both of my kids were diagnosed with fifth's disease. It's not as bad as it sounds; it is actually just a virus. Unfortunately, my little three year old has had a fever for nine days now. It turns out he has a secondary infection that has caused his little body to go in a tailspin trying to get better. Luckily, the doctor said that once the rash has shown up, they aren't contagious anymore and he gave the green light for my oldest to go back to school. But since Aidan still has a fever, I need to watch him closely. This probably means I will be out of commission blog-wise for a day or two while I try to help Aidan's body heal!

40 people wanted to leave a comment:

Steve, ToVah, Avery, and Z said...

That is what they thought Z had. After he "had it" over and over again we decided that he didn't really have it and had him tested for allergies. I know how bad it can get, I am soooo sorry. I hope they get better soon.

Kristina P. said...

Oh no! I hope they get better soon!

Christa said...

Those long, drawn out illness are so hard on little kids. And moms too. I hope that everyone gets better soon.

rachel said...

I hope they feel better soon!!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Oh, My dearest bloggy friend! My thoughts are with you. We endured Fifths disease just this past summer. It made for some grumpy babies at my house!

Annette Lyon said...

We've had that a couple of times in our house. Nothing major or scary, of course, but not fun, either. Hope all's well soon!

Jilly Bean said...

Oh poor boys! Poor you too. I hope they recover fully, quickly!

Kaylynn said...

My son had fifth's disease as well. It was a rough week. I hope you are coping!

Heidi said...

Oh, gosh, sorry to hear that! We'll miss you!

Desta said...

Erin, that's awful! And with Tovah's comment, I'm wondering if Aiden's allergies could be back? I wish I could be there to help out or bring a meal. Let me know if there's anything I can do long distance. Seriously.

Brittany Marie said...

:( I hope he feels better soon! I've never even heard of that!

Elisa said...

I hope they can get better soon!

Goob said...

oh what fun! ugh.

Diane said...

All my kids have had that, no fun. Hope he gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

My kids had that a few years back, except it was a little scary because my sil was pregnant and we'd just had a family get together the day before the rashes broke out. She ended up being fine. But what do you do with these crazy diseases that are only contagious before you have symptoms?--nothing, really.

Shauna said...

I sure hope they get feeling better soon! ♥ Hugs :)

Barbaloot said...

So sorry to hear your family is sick. Hope it passes quickly.

Fun Girl said...

I'm sorry your kids are sick. I hope they start feeling better quickly!

Lara Neves said...

Man! You have had a heck of a winter with the sickness it seems like. Hope you're all feeling better soon!

LisAway said...

I hope he gets feeling better, and that you can keep up with the demands of a sick household.

You're really earning that trip to France, aren't you!

Just SO said...

Poor kids and Mommy! It's bad when kids are sick. I hope Aiden gets feeling better soon.

Heather of the EO said...

GET WELL!!! Poor little guys. Hang in there, mama!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Always so tough when you little ones are sick. I hope Aidan is feeling better soon. Great idea to take a break from the blogosphere. It would be a bit weird to say, "just a minute, honey, Mom just needs to finish this post." :)

-Francesca

PS: Loved your Trivia Pursuit recap. Very funny.

Anonymous said...

I hope they get better soon! My friend's daughter had that once. We'll be thinking about you!

Sarah Mickalson said...

Hope he feels better Erin!

Jillene said...

Oh I am so sorry!! I hope that Aidan feels better soon!! And YOU take care of YOU too!!

tiburon said...

Oh that is HORRIBLE! I hope they are better soon!

Jen said...

OMGosh! How awful. You guys all get better soon! {{HUGS}}

mCat said...

Poor little guy! I hope he gets feeling better soon! Nothing like crawling into mom's bed for comfort though right?

tammy said...

My 7 yr old just had it too, although we didn't know it until he woke up with red cheeks on Sat. He complained about a stuffy nose on Wed. and that was it. Don't tell, but I was hoping it would get me out of playing the organ on Sun. Unfortunately I already knew he wasn't contagious anymore once he had the rash.

Romney Family said...

What a bummer!! I am so sorry you have sick kids!! Hope they get better soon!!

Megan and Jon said...

Not fun sorry you got sickness, makes for long days. Only good thing is they are more cuddly, so enjoy it while you can. Lovin the blog. Did you understand my french comments..?

Anonymous said...

so sorry, sending health vibes

Unknown said...

Good Luck! I've battled that in my house before.....no fun! Hope the fever is over soon.

kel said...

We went through fifth's disease. It sounds like such an awful DISEASE, doesn't it? It's not as bad as it sounds... I think it's only dangerous to pregnant women? I could be wrong... I usually am.

I am loving your blog layout! very pretty!

Sher said...

OH, I'm sorry you little ones are sick. That sucks.
BTW, that's funny about the trivial pursuit. I probably wouldn't have gotten it either.

Kristen said...

I hope everyone gets better soon!

Kate said...

Not fun at all!! I hope they get feeling better soon.

Tiffany said...

All five of my kids just had fifth disease. I was told that like chicken pocs you only get it once though. Glad your is over.

rich and steph said...

That is going around Mesa, Az too. Amazing how it keeps popping up every couple of years:(