Tuesday, December 15

Crazy Dreams

I rarely dream.  I usually go months without remembering anything I dreamed about.  But in the last two weeks, I have had two dreams that were so vivid and realistic I just have to share.

In my first dream, I had a huge crush on Russel (the crumper) from So You Think You Can Dance. I finally got the courage to say something to him, and found out that he liked me too!  So we started dating.  But I was still married.  So I had all of these conflicted feelings about dating him.

When I woke up, I laughed with Christian about the dream.  But now, every time I watch Russel (and gush to Christian about how good he is and how impressed I am with him), Christian says, "Honey.  It's just a crush!"  In my opinion, Jakob is the best dancer, but Russel is my favorite dancer.  And yes, I voted for him more than once tonight.  I have never called to vote on any of those types of shows, but hey?  Russel is my boyfriend in my dreams.  He deserves a few phone calls.

(An intro to my second dream): Mormon Mommy Blogs announced their first annual seminar/gathering that will have amazing bloggers as keynote speakers, talking, learning, laughing, eating, and all that good stuff.  However, they will be holding it on May 28-29.  With a baby due June 3, and the tendency for my babies to be two weeks early, I will unfortunately not be able to be there.  I had no idea how much this would weigh on my psyche, however.  Last night I had a dream that I was at the seminar, and I was making friends left and right.  I met Stephanie at Diapers and Divinity, and we had the best time talking.  I learned a lot, I laughed a lot, I enjoyed myself so much.  And then I woke up.  I was so sad!  I really, really want to go.  So, for those of you who do go, please don't rub it in too much.




P.S. I won one of the giveaways on Seriously So Blessed!  Apparently all you have to do is leave a comment that completely embarrasses you and then blog about it.  I won a cute wooden toy (that I would like to arrive before Christmas, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.)

Another P.S. My piano recital for my students is this Thursday.  I'm not stressed (I say whilst ignoring the Braxton Hicks contractions that are coming at completely irregular but semi-frequent intervals).

18 people wanted to leave a comment:

Emmy said...

Yes being pregnant can make for vivid and bizarre dreams.
Sorry you won't be able to attend :( I am sure you would have had a wonderful time; but really I think you will be so busy with your new baby at the time that it won't bother you too much.
Congrats on the win!

Cynthia said...

I had really vivid dreams when I was on fertility meds for our IVF. I dreamed my Grandpa appeared to me to let me know he was okay (he had committed suicide a few years prior). It was so real I woke up covered in tears.

At least they are happy dreams where you meet cool and amazing people, right?

Katie said...

It is a very rare occasion when I can remember any of my dreams. I can remember having them...just not anything about them. Strange.

Mary said...

I had crazy vivid dreams before I got pregnant...but now they are more frequent. Good luck on the recital, I know your students will make you proud!

Desta said...

When I first saw "Russel" I thought you were talking about Survivor. Glad you cleared that up. Although dating an oil tycoon expert strategist would be pretty cool in my book.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I do not miss the vividness of pregnancy dreams at all!

Elisa said...

I still think you should come. I mean think of the STORY for your blog if you actually go into labor AT the event. And how many people will blog about. Oh the fame!

(and its may 28/29th)

Wonder Woman said...

I'm like you -- rarely dream, rarely remember. But it's different when I'm pregnant. Funny thing is: I think I had a dream with you last night! I think I saw a facebook something or other from you yesterday and it resurfaced in my dream. I think I saw you in a grocery store? Walmart?

A few weeks ago I had dreams about McDreamy two nights in a row. Funny how carrying a man's child can make you dream of another man!! ;o)

Kristina P. said...

I love watching Snapped, the show about women who snap and kill someone, usually their husband.

It must have leaked into my psyche, because this weekend, I had a dream I killed Adam. It has freaked me out for days. Last night was finally the first night I actually slept normal.

Rachel said...

That is hilarious!!! And congrats on winning...that is AWESOME!!! I love winning giveaways!

rich and steph said...

Pregnancy does very weird things to our bodies. The dreams, the cravings, etc. Good luck with your recital!! And stay hydrated - that will help the Braxton Hicks subside. Had them thru all 5 pregnancies and staying very hydrated made them subside:)

rachel said...

My dreams while pregnant were very vivid too. I actually miss them because I don't dream that much anymore...at least then I knew I must have been asleep!

Stephanie said...

That's awesome!! I'm so honored. I hope I was gorgeous and intelligent in your dream-- I know I am in mine! :)

I don't think I'm going to make it to that conference because my vacation money has been saved for years for a Disney trip when Matt graduates. I'm not sure if he'd appreciate if I ditched it for a blog gathering. :) But if I did go, we'd totally talk and laugh and have a great time, I'm sure of it.

Megan and Jon said...

Sad you rarely dream but there is good points. I shop alot in my dreams, clothing deco and then I wake up and nothing is here. Kinda a bummer...

CRUMPER.. heheh

Barbaloot said...

Since you're married and all, can I please have Russel as a boyfriend?

Juannaelmi said...

I love pregnancy dreams. They are always so wild and real. Though some of mine are too real and when I wake up it takes me a minute to realize it was just a dream! Sorry about the timing for the blog thing. I hope you are feeling better and I loved your picture in the last post with you and your tree.

Lee said...

This may be a weird question, but I don't know a lot about it.
Are weird pregnancy dreams caused by the rush of hormones that are in your body during pregnancy?
(I'm only 17, so I'm allowed to be confused!)

Karen Mello Burton said...

Heeelarious about Russell! I like him too. We may need to fight...

I almost never remember my dreams either, even though we supposedly dream every night.