Wednesday, May 16

Boo

I'd like to introduce you to Boo.

Boo is the newest member of our family.  Last week, Christian read a Craigslist ad of a man who needed to let his five year old dog go.  He had just moved into a home that didn't have a fenced in back yard, and he felt that he needed to give his dog to a family who would love him and take care of him, and had space for him as well.  Because we have a fenced in back yard, we had decided to start looking for a dog.  When we arrived at Boo's previous owner's home, he (the owner) was crying because he was so sad to be letting Boo go.  Thankfully, the next day he emailed us and told us that he had hoped he could find a family who would take care of him, and he ended up getting a family who exceeded his every hope.  Awww.

Boo is a beagle and basset hound mix.  He is the most mellow dog I have ever met.  He is great around the kids, even (or especially) Kaitlyn.  He almost never barks, until a bird flies into our yard or he smells a squirrel that has run around the yard.  He obeys us to a fault.  The boys take turns feeding him, cleaning up after him, and brushing him.  Kaitlyn loves playing in his water dish, and apparently I have to watch her with his food too.  Don't eat that Kaitlyn!


We love Boo!

11 people wanted to leave a comment:

LisAway said...

Oh! What a sweet dog! Congratulations! That is a sad and happy story. I'm glad the previous owner has peace of mind and that you guys have a sweet addition to your family. And LOOK AT YOUR KIDS!!! They're huge! And beautiful!

Jessie said...

Oh my goodness, he's so adorable. That's the kind of dog Louie wants someday. Neither of us is dying for a dog, but we have all these boys and figure it might need to be in our future. Anyway, people keep telling us what hyper, naughty dogs beagles are - but that's the kind we like. So maybe we'll try to find one mixed with basset and we'll get a charmer like Boo! Again, though, not for at least a few years. I'm not up for caring for another little one any time soon.

Congrats!

Kristina P. said...

He is so sweet! We love having a dog. Although, we've discovered he's not too fond of children. I guess he takes after me. :)

I think Boo and Mr. T would be besties.

Steve, ToVah, Avery, and Z said...

We just had to give our dog away and were in the same position as Boo's previous owner. It was so so sad to let her go, but we were so relieved that we found her a great home that could give her the things we couldn't. Dogs are so fun...Congratulations.

Christine said...

What a cuuuuute doggy! That's so fun! And your kids look huge and different all the sudden which makes me very sad. They're growing up without me!

Christie said...

Oh, he's so cute! And the man was right! He got a great family to have his dog go to!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Oh! He is soo cute! I think a pet is a great addition. I'm so glad you found him!

Desta said...

So cute! My brother has a beagle and he is the sweetest (and most patient) dog I've ever seen. If we ever get a dog we want one as well. You'll be glad you got him after the puppy phase. Beagles are super energetic when they are little. Good luck with the new addition!

The Yoder's Four said...

He's adorable!! I love beagles! So glad you were able to adopt him and that he's a good fit for your family. It looks like your kids are thrilled. :)

Mary said...

Such a cutie!! We love our dog and I miss him horribly when we go on vacation. I really feel like animals complete a family!

Lara said...

Dogs are so much fun! I'm so glad you got one...and he does sound like a really wonderful dog!