Friday, May 18

Food, Glorious Food

A few nights ago, I told Christian that I was making buttermilk pancakes for dinner, the same pancakes I had made three weeks earlier that our entire family loved, and that after eating Christian proclaimed, "We will never purchase Krusteaz AGAIN."  Then I mentioned that I couldn't remember where I had found the recipe and that I actually didn't know if I could find it again.  And yes, I say that ALL THE TIME.  I have recipes in a recipe box.  I have a pile of papers I have been printing out and saving since the dawn of time.  I have cookbooks.  I have tiny newspaper clippings that fall out of my pile every time I take it out of the closet.  And I'm sick of it!  I decided I want to put all of my favorite recipes in one place, where they are easy to find, all one size, and I can print it out later to give my children when they get married.  So, I'm starting another blog.  (Insert groan.)

Actually, I'm not starting another one.  If you remember, about three years ago, I started a blog where I listed what I was making for dinner each night, in the hopes of collecting enough things that when the time came where I didn't know what to make, I could pull out the blog and find something that caught my fancy.  And yeah, I was faithful to that blog for about two months.  Then I stopped abruptly, and shortly after made it private.  Now it's public again, and you are welcome to go over and see if you find a recipe you like.


Here's what I put on the sidebar:
I will only be posting recipes that: I have made at least twice (many of them are more like 20 or 200 times), and at least 3/5 of the family like it (picky kids), and I definitely plan on making it again. I give credit when I know where the recipe came from. Some have just been in the family forever.

There is definitely a finite number of recipes I will be posting.  There will be no scheduled posting, and no rhyme or reason to why I post 40 dessert recipes and only 3 main dishes.  (Kidding.  Kind of.)  You have no obligation to follow it, or even to click over.  I will only promise you that they are actually recipes that we use often and love.

(And yes, I will be posting the awesomest buttermilk pancake recipe ever.  Very soon.)

8 people wanted to leave a comment:

Jessica said...

That is a really good idea. I've been thinking along a similar line lately. Mostly wanting a place to collect the best-loved recipes for when I am stumped in meal planning. I might steal your blog idea!

Kristina P. said...

I love finding new recipes. Not that I make them, but I can pretend.

Lynette said...

That is a really good idea! I plan on following and hope that it inspires me. Dinner is one of those things I am hoping to work on. I am kind of lazy about it....

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Good idea! And I LOVE food! Thanks for sharing!

The Yoder's Four said...

Smart! I have recipes coming out my ears, too. Every special occasion, my mom gives me a new cookbook, even though I never use them. It's hard to try new stuff when you don't know if your kids will like it. I'll have to check your food blog out!

Jessica B said...

I totally have recipe clippings that I have had for over 20 years. No joke. So not exactly organized, and interestingly enough, I hardly ever use them. Apparently I just like looking at them and planning on how great they will be if I ever make them. Looking forward to checking out your recipe blog. :)

Kayla said...

You need to get on Pinterest (if you aren't already, I can't keep track of who all is on there.) I have found so many awesome recipes through there! Or pinned recipes I've found on there so I can find them again.

Adrienne said...

one of the reasons I started my food blog. I want to make it into a cookbook one day but I go to it for inspiration and recipes all the time!