Monday, July 2

Too Much

After the ups come the downs, right?  Sigh. (See last post for the "up.")

So, I don't know about you, but it seems to me that sometimes something "bad" happens (as I perceive it), and I feel like I am hanging on to life (sometimes just barely), but then something else really small happens that just topples me over the edge into insanity.

Something happened this week, something really upsetting, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it.  I'm definitely on edge, and having a difficult time eating (and at times barely functioning).  But then, the library emailed me to let me know that a dvd is overdue that I KNOW I took back to the library, and it's like WHOOP!  Insanity.  Either give me the crappy thing that happened or the dvd the library can't find, but not both.  That's too much to handle.

(P.S. I really am going to be okay.  I just recognize this weird quirk in my personality - of letting one little thing feel like it's driving me over the edge.  But then time goes on, and the course of life makes little changes, and I feel all right once again.)

14 people wanted to leave a comment:

Kristina P. said...

So sorry, my friend. If you ever want to chat, I am an email away!

Kristen said...

Erin, I am sorry. I hope you get to get out of this yucky soon. :)

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Hang in there! Know that you are loved and cared about. I'm thinking of you! (p.s. I got your email...I'm not ignoring you..just collecting my thoughts)

Karen E. said...

I hope you get things figured out soon, and feel all right once again!

Kaylynn said...

I think it is pretty normal thing--but maybe I'm wrong about that!

Christie said...

I think that is normal, at least with me! I hope that things get better. I'm sorry Erin.

I read a quote recently (notsalmon has a million awesome quotes), and it says, "Don't let a bad day make you think you have a bad life." Not that you think you have a bad life, but sometimes I can think like that and it helps me.

heather said...

"The straw that broke the camel's back." -see there's even a saying for it. It's totally normal.

Also, hope that things are up again soon!

Jessie said...

Yes. I totally relate to this. So don't feel alone.
Here's to getting your calm back!
(I actually have a little note on my bedroom wall that says: "I am calm and balanced" - it seems to help.)

Jessica B said...

I'm sorry you're struggling with something Erin... I think you have my email if you want to vent. I am a born listener. :)
Either way, just breathe...

CaJoh said...

Sounds like the straw the broke the camels back. Perhaps you should rent Wizard of Oz and Lawrence of Arabia just to get your mind off of things.

Lara said...

Oh yes. It's always a little thing that sends me over the edge, too.

Hope things are better for you soon. :)

The Yoder's Four said...

Yeah, I've been there! Usually it's with my kids, and I've been patiently been putting up with them all day, and then someone gets food on their shirt (or something) and I turn into a crazy person.

Mary said...

I think it's completely normal, and if not we'll just say it is for the sake of both our sanity! Be strong girlie!!

Jessica G. said...

The library can wait…sounds like you need a chocolatey drink on some good music on way too loud.