Sunday, November 4

Fall back - UGH!


Does anyone hate Daylight Savings Time as much as I do? We put our kids to bed last night an hour late, which made them very cranky toward 9:00, and by the time we put them down they were both crying for no good reason...then they both woke up at 6:15. So much for trying to get them onto a schedule again flawlessly. The other part that I really can't stand is how dark it will be by the time Christian gets home from work every day. He'll leave when it's barely light, and won't get home until it's dark. And to think that we still have two months until the winter solstice, so it will only get darker and darker earlier and earlier. I couldn't live in Alaska!

Just to clarify, for those who know how much I dislike being outdoors: I hate the sun, but only when I'm directly in sunlight because I get burnt after exactly six minutes. But when I'm indoors, I need sunlight pouring through my windows.

There's my little rant. I'm sure I will feel better after my kids get back on their schedule and I sleep the regular amount again.

7 people wanted to leave a comment:

Gatnnos said...

I LOVE daylight savings. Well, the end of it! I always feel so refreshed. It is hard to adjust to a new schedule, but worth it to have a little more light to wake up with in the mornings. In South Florida, we are close to the equator and so from season to season (Whatever that is) we not only don't see a lot of change in the weather, but the amount of sunlight is a minimal change too.

Erin said...

I'm so jealous! I really want to feel refreshed! Maybe it's because I'm sick right now too (I have laryngitis.)

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

Yesterday was really hard for the kids...Kaci especially. Our ward meets at 1pm and thats naptime for Kaci, with daylight savings time it just made the day even worse! Oh and I did laundry at the laundra-matt from March till just 3 weeks ago, what a pain with kids! I've never loved having a washer and dryer more than I do now!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

I don't like it much with the kids. I used to love it but not now that they have no idea what's going on and Devon comes in the room begging for his cereal and milk at 6:30! Ugh, go BACK TO BED!!!
So yah, I'm kinda with you there...

Jessie said...

Yes, I hate both time-changes! It's having kids that makes you hate them. My boys did OK, but Cal woke up at 5:30am ready for the day.
I also hate the sun! I don't even like beach for more an hour. It sucks the energy out of me and gives me a headache. I know, I'm weird, who hates the beach right? Well, I do. And I've spent quite a bit of time at the beach, go figure.

Sarah Mickalson said...

Ha! Here in Arizona we don't switch ever. It really is nice!

Liz said...

how fun to switch times huh? SO sad you are sick, hope you gfet better soon