
While in Provo, Christian finished all revisions of his dissertation, had a hard copy bound, and paid the money to get it electronically submitted. When he brought the checklist into the graduate studies office and gave it to the woman behind the counter, she looked it over and said, "You're done!" He said it was a great relief, and almost anti-climactic. So now, after 10 years of college (pretty good for a man who never even thought he would attend college), we can safely say,
No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks!
(until Ethan starts kindergarten this fall, that is.) He only has six more weeks of his internship, and then he will officially be C.L.W., Ph.D. (I'm using initials to be less googleable.) Can you say
HALLELUJAH!
Oh yeah, here's the title of his dissertation:
Assessing item and scale sensitivity to therapeutic change on the college adjustment scales: Working toward a counseling center specific outcome questionnaire
I know. And I had to go through all 70+ pages at least 10 times, but only for grammar, not for content. (I didn't really understand what I was reading most of the time.) At some point in the future, it will be available for free to read on the internet. I'm sure you are all going to line up, anxiously anticipating the time when you will be able to download it and read it for yourselves. Until then, we have two hard copies at our house you can borrow.



7 people wanted to leave a comment:
Whoa I'm totally impressed. I read the title of his dissertation a few times and I'm still confused. What a wonderful time for you family to have all your dedication pay off. And you take some credit as well Erin being a mom of a studen is hard work and you deserve alittle.. YEAH YOU...
Congrats Christian and family!
Congratulations to both of you for your hard work! I'm sure that is a huge relief to both of you! Good luck with everything!!!
I think the emotion I am feeling now is: JEALOUSY! :)
Congrats to both of you! That is quite the accomplishment!
Liz
Before I borrow one of the hard copies, I'm going to need awhile to digest the title......like forever! Good work to both of you!
Wow Erin and Christian, Congratulations...really, what an accomplishment! We're proud of you! Congrats on the house and for everything falling into place for you in Cedar! We're thrilled for you!
Post a Comment