Friday, July 3

Pure Insanity (Oh, and Luncheon Deets)

Have you ever had those days/weeks where you have a list of 20 things to do, but you only have time to do 10 of them? That is what I have felt like the last three days, and will continue to feel for the next two or three. I wanted to say thank you for all of your uplifting and helpful words on my last post. I have gotten a couple of other mean anonymous posts in the past, but I have just deleted them and left it alone. But I couldn't leave that one alone. Don't knock my religion! Anyway, I am going to be MIA in blogworld for a couple more days while I try to get my head screwed on straight (keyword: TRY).

The blog luncheon: Saturday, July 11 at 12:30 PM at Mimi's Cafe (10470 S. State) in Sandy. I'm pretty sure it's not actually on State Street; I think it is behind the mall. Please let me know in the poll on the sidebar if you are coming, so I can verify numbers with the restaurant. I hope to get to know a few of you in person! (I met Laurie a couple of days ago and we had such a great visit. I love blog friends.)

Oh, and happy Independence Day! Enjoy as you celebrate the birth of our nation, and also eat tons of hamburgers...

29 people wanted to leave a comment:

Kaylynn said...

Have a good time on your blogvacation! I will definitely miss you!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Have fun at the luncheon! Bloggy friends really are the best. It's amazing how quickly you get on considering so much of the foundation for the friendship is already laid. =)

Kristina P. said...

OK, so I am really going to try to come on Saturday. Actually, I will be coming, but I may be late. The lunch in Provo is at 11, so I will try to leave by 12:15 or so, so save me a seat!

Jill might be coming, as might Brittany. I will let you know for sure.

Jules AF said...

I put maybe but then I felt bad because I REALLY want to go. So now I'm a yes! I'm totally going! yay

Anne-Marie said...

I put maybe, only because I have like 2 sitters in my neighborhood, so more than likely, yes. (my hub works on saturdays)

happy 4th!

Lee said...

We'll miss you, but hopefully you get your head screwed on straight! At least it's only a few days!
I wish I could come to the blog luncheon! I'm always jealous of everyone that gets to go!

Jillene said...

I am coming for sure!! Can't wait to meet you in person!!

Seems like I have missed a lot in the last 3 FREAKING DAYS WITHOUT INTERNET!! I have been going stir crazy!!

Shauna said...

Hope you have a Happy 4th of July weekend :) ♥ HUGS ♥

Barbaloot said...

Sorry about the mean comments. That's lame. But I hope you have a great 4th!

heather said...

That would be fun, but I've got a baby shower that day, I'm not sure what time though. I'll have to get back to you if I can come. :)

Missy said...

Happy Fourth!

Karen Mello Burton said...

I always have a schedule running in my head of all the things I need to do and the best time of day to get this done or that done. Never ending. Have fun at the luncheon!

Laurie said...

It was so great getting together on Wednesday!! I wish I could go next week, too, but I'm pretty sure I have family stuff going on. Bummer.

rachel said...

I just caught up on all the posts I've missed. I love your addendum...you are AWESOME! Great answer :) Have a wonderful holiday!!

Cynthia said...

I obviously missed some sort of blog drama while on vacation. Wow.

In any case, I SHOULD be able to attend next Saturday. I missed the last one but I'd love to come.

Katie said...

Hope you enjoy your weekend off...and your bloggy lunch...and the 4th!

Jillybean said...

I plan on coming to the lunch. I will be with Kristina, so I will be late too.

Sher said...

I am really going to try to make it. I'm just a little freaked out because you are like mega popular, and that last bloggy lunch really kicked my agoraphobhia into high gear. Just how many people are going to be there? If it's not too many, I will come, cuz I'd really like to visit with you.

Cranberryfries said...

I'd love to come to your bloggy lunch. I'm hitting the one in Provo also (like Kristina) so I'll be coming up late but I'd love to pop in and get to meet you at least. I was heading up to Sandy that afternoon anyway (I'm having a book club that evening in Sandy, if you're interested in coming. Let me know!) so this will work out wonderful.

Kristina P. said...

OK, so Jill, Brittany and I are all coming for sure, but we will be a little late. Can't wait to see you again!

Jessica said...

I was going to put maybe, but then I decided that I need a girls day out (sans kids) so I put yes and WILL make it happen. Can't wait to meet you!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

You will be missed! But enjoy! Anything I can do to help make life a little easier...?

Jen said...

My list goes something like this--20 things to do, one thing accomplished ;) The bloggy lunch sounds great! Thanks for putting it together.

Fiauna said...

I can't believe I'm going to miss another blog lunch. Ugh!! I was just informed that my daughter's gymnastics school will be marching in a parade that day. I really can't miss that, can I.

Don't worry if your head is screwed on a little crookedly, just as long as it's screwed on tight. ; )

Unknown said...

I had the blog lunch penciled in on my calendar, but I just found out my nephew, who is like one of my own kids, is taking out his endowments on Saturday- I am afraid the time will conflict...but I would love to have another day to meet for munch when the chance arises!

Becca said...

Don't take the break from blogging, just take time off comments--it's totally liberating! Good luck with the list!

Devri said...

woman, first I can't believe the nerve of people, I just read your last post! Wow! speechless, everyone already said what I was going to say...
So hugs to you. Sorry I can't make your lucheon, keilani's bday and all...

if you get yours screwed on, please teach me how to screw on mine! thanks

Megan and Jon said...

I have not disappeared just be preoccupied but I came to catch up today. And I just wanted to make sure you know you are amazing. I love your blog and the fact that you stand for what you believe.. Love it.

Loralee and the gang... said...

Wish I could be there...but you know how far Sandy Utah is from Athol (Yes, I said ATHol-but we have a Theme Park!) Idaho? Way far.
:~D