Thursday, July 14

T.H.N.G.V.B.S.F.

Well, my family officially survived the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Stomach Flu of 2011. I threw up, in one night, as many times as I did while pregnant with all three of my children combined (which was only two; however, both times were WAY worse than while I was pregnant. I won't give you details. You're welcome.). However, Ethan lost his cookies 36 times. Somehow, Kaitlyn was blessedly skipped by this virus. Because, you know, babies who can't tell you they are going to hurl before hurling right into your lap (or in your hair, or on the carpet, or whatever) are the worst.

Because we were all suffering for days and days, Kaitlyn watched a lot of Baby Einstein. Specifically, Baby Mozart and Baby Beethoven. We purchased 12 of the dvds back when Ethan was a baby, and thankfully, they still work wonders. I know as my boys got a little older than Kaitlyn is right now, their favorites morphed from Baby Mozart and Beethoven to Baby Neptune (discovering water) and Baby MacDonald (a day on the farm). For any of you who just LOVE Baby Einstein dvds (like, I'm sure you watch them yourselves after the kids go to bed. Ha.), what are your favorites? What are your kids' favorites? (P.S. Don't purchase Baby Bach. It's a complete waste of money.)


P.S. You know, one of these days I'm going to get my blogging groove back, and then I'll be interesting again. Frankly, I'm surprised anyone still reads my blog. Thanks for sticking around though. I sense good posts trickling into the back of my mind, and I just have to let them percolate for a little while longer until I can say what I want to say.

17 people wanted to leave a comment:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you've been sick at your house! Hope you all recover quickly!

heather said...

Hope you are all feeling better soon & that the flu bug is kicked for good!! WHY are so many people getting sick this summer!? I don't get it.

Also, Baby Neptune is our favorite.

Kristina P. said...

I somehow gained a follower after not blogging for 3 weeks. I am enjoying the blog vacation. Glad you survivied!

Adrienne said...

ugg. I hate stomach bugs. Oliver loves all the videos (they save my life some days) but Rhya's favorite is baby Newton all about shapes.
My favorites are Baby Neptune and Galileo and my mom has a Christmas one that is great cause it has christmas music. I can't remember which one it is but I hate the one that has mice and bugs. Ick! (PS I hear we'll be seeing you soon. FUN!)

The Yoder's Five said...

The only Baby Einstein DVDs we have are the Neighborhood Animals (which Luke destroyed) and the musical instruments/symphony one. Luke is obsessed with the Little Einsteins, though.

And I'm sorry about the stomach bug! How on earth did you make it through three pregnancies only hurling TWICE?! I think I averaged 17-18 times with each of mine. Blech!

Laurie said...

I like Little Einsteins better than Baby Einsteins...

And really, any post with the word "percolate" in it is totally worth reading! :)

Glad you're feeling a little better!

LisAway said...

I was just going to say that Baby Bach is my favorite! Just kidding. I don't think we have that one. The one I think my kids have liked the most, and that I probably like best (although, really it's a total babysitter/calm crying baby thing and I pretty much never am in the room when it's one. Terrible, I know, but that's my half hour to get as much done as I can!)

I only threw up twice with all my kids, too! But the number of times I wished I could just finally be sick and stop feeling like I wanted to die of nausea is about 100-200 times that number.

Rachel said...

Ah, the worst! I'm so sorry! Hope you're all better now!

Sherrie said...

I'm so sorry that you all have been so sick! I'm hoping everyone is feeling much better now. I don't know anything about the baby Einstein dvd's so I have no comment on that. Sounds interesting though. :)

Amy said...

Amazing. You didn't throw up in any of your pregnancies? Did I read that wrong? I hope perfect health returns to your home very soon! And can't wait to see what you have in store for us to read.

Lara Neves said...

I loved the Baby Mozart series! I don't really know which was our favorite...although it was probably Mozart.

And...Lisa up there has left me in huge suspense...which is the one her kids like the most?

Emmy said...

Oh that sounds awful. My kids liked Colors- can't remember for sure which it was just that it had Colors in the title.

Katie said...

Oh no...sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope everyone is on the mend!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh! I'm glad you all survived! That is the most miserable thing!

And I think you could write a post about anything and make it funny. I mean I was laughing over you're illness which was totally not funny, but you made it funny.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

oh my goodness, that sounds awful! I'm so glad you're feeling better :)

mCat said...

Gosh that sounds more like food poisoning than stomach flu - but at any rate - HORRIBLE!!

No Baby Einstein when mine were little and somehow we missed it with Chloee too. Sounds like they would have been great!

Jessica B said...

Not and everyone gets it I think. I'm sure why but we never did Baby Einstein. Don't worry about people leaving you, summer is crazy busy - I'm lucky if I get a post a week in lately!