Saturday, December 13

On the First Day of Christmas I Posted on My Blog

ONE FISHING SANTA
My husband got this fishing Santa Claus as a gift last year. He is wearing wading boots and everything. Now, for those of you who know my husband, you know he is a bit of a fishing maniac. Well, maniac isn't a very nice word. He is a fishing conoisseur. He fly fishes and lure fishes in the summer, and ice fishes in the winter. He has the entire getup for both seasons, including a pontoon boat for the summer time, and an ice tent and fishfinder for wintertime. He adores fishing. He is happiest when he is in the mountains with a fishing rod in hand. Oh, and he outfishes everyone he ever goes fishing with (sorry Jeremy, but it's true!). So this fishing Santa was the perfect gift. I could say that Christian may look like this one day, but I have told him many times that if he grows a beard or a moustache, I won't kiss him.

(P.S. I posted this at 6:00 AM, and by 11:30 AM it still wasn't on my Google Reader. I don't know what is going on with the RSS feeds! Right now I'm going to try to re-post it and see if it will work this time.)

33 people wanted to leave a comment:

Brooke said...

Kissing a bearded man isn't all that bad. Though, if the beard were that long, I may have to reconsider. He's a funny looking santa!

Heidi said...

I'm with you! If he does, I won't kiss him either (er, that is, my hubby!) hee hee

Lara Neves said...

Wow. He is definitely the fishing conoisseur, isn't he?

The fishing santa is very cute!

Kate said...

I love your blog and I love the idea of the 12 days of Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I've been having problems Google Reader too. Hmmm!

I'm IN with the 12 days of Christmas. I just posted my first day. Love the idea. Hope I can keep up.

Love the fishing Santa!

Kristina P. said...

So cute!

And I posted about the feeds yesterday too. It's been happening for a couple of weeks. On average, it's taking about 2 hours for them to pull. Not just on Reader, but on blogrolls too. Very, very frustrating.

Silly Shermans said...

I'm playing, I'm playing! This is such a fun thing to get me into the Christmas spirit...thanks!

Jan said...

Such a cute Santa. My hubby would love that too. I think that Santa goes fishing after he is done before he heads back to the North Pole. His one day alone.

RSS feed has been really frustrating this week for me too. Once it took forever to feed. It has changed its look, I wonder if it changed its mood too. :)

Kaylynn said...

My feed isn't working either. I've posted two things today, and nothing has shown up! It is a very cute Santa.

K and/or K said...

I sent my ornament swap partner a fishing santa ormament because I thought it captured the MN in me! I love fishing off the 'tooner as we call it, but on ice? Too cold for this one!

Kim said...

I will never forget the first time you posted on my blog, you told me our husbands would get along real well, just because he was wearing a CABELAS hat. Guess what? I think you are absolutely correct. My husband will claim he is a wimp at times, but he loves to fly and ice fish and up until a month ago we had the pontoon boat as well. He just found it to hard to be out on the water and the kids left at shore, so he sold it.

I think we think along the same lines. As you see from my pictures of Gordon, there is one of him with and without the mustache. Guess What? I don't kiss him either!!!

Guess us girls need to stick together!

LOVE THE SANTA!!!!!!

Romney Family said...

Erin I love that thing!! That is too funny!! I could see that being Christian when he is old!!

Heather of the EO said...

My husband would be more of a fisherman if he could handle touching worms. (no, I'm not kidding.)

My posts are usually not showing on google reader until about four or five hours after I post them. I don't know why it takes so long?

Just SO said...

I love it! The boots and everything. Very cute.

Anne-Marie said...

Cute little fisherman. My husband has facial hair & you get use to the prickly kisses.

Desta said...

Great way to start out the 12 days. I decided not to play this year. There are some posts that I want to do that wouldn't fit. Plus right now 90% of my computer time is dedicated to digital scrapbooking madness in preparation for family Christmas presents.

Diane said...

Cute! We have a pilot Santa at our house. Actually I have a ton of Santas at my house.

Kate said...

I think that is so cool that you live in Cedar also. I am just new to blogging and don't have many blogging friends but I am working at it. Your blog is great. Are you enjoying the snow storm???

Jillene said...

That is so funny!! I kiss a man with a gotee--it's great!!

I think that I am going to participate--GO ME!!

Blog is my Co-Pilot said...

you should try the bearded thing, its no problem at all ( except when its freshly trimmed, it gets a little prickly) after a bit, you think his naked lips feel weird and creepy! LOL
oh, and I am so glad my husband can't stand fishing, he is gone from home too much as it is.

Unknown said...

I am with you. Rick keeps trying to sneakily grow a beard and when I start to notice I tell him to go shave or I won't go anywhere near him. He still wasn't listening and thought it was funny to rub it on my face. So I told him that reminded me of my dad because that is what he always does to bug us and Rick has kept his face cleanly shaven ever since! Haha!

carrhop said...

Love this fishy version of Santa!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Please do! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is doing this!

rich and steph said...

My grandpa Cowley was a fisherman and loved to fish. He even tied his own flies which was so cool to watch:)

susette said...

I don't understand this 12 days of Christmas going on here. Are you giving things away to a secret neighbor or just blogging about it. Please help me understand.

tammy said...

Cute Santa!

jess said...

the only thing i hate more than fishing is ice fishing. ;P

Strawberry Shortcake said...

What a cute Santa! I agree with the beard thing, although I do like my hubby with a goatee :)

rychelle said...

i think he's pretty cute.

we have a couple cowboy santas.

Vanessa said...

Our husbands should be best friends.

Anonymous said...

This is a great Santa. My husband loves fishing, too. But I'd rather kiss a beard than go on a fishing trip.

LisAway said...

That is a great Santa. So life-like, (except for maybe the size).

I hate when my posts show up late on Google Reader. It makes me realize that I'm more obsessed with blogging than I want to be! (WHAT! It STILL hasnt' posted? Ugh!)

Jessi said...

ha ha ha.. of course Christian has a fishing Santa. Now I have seen it all